Businesses at Wapping Wharf will be coming together to celebrate Christmas on Saturday December 2nd
The festivities will take place from 12pm until 6pm with the independent businesses along Gaol Ferry Steps and at CARGO at Wapping Wharf offering a host of offers and discounts. From a satsuma peeling competition to Madeira tasting, from Greek seasonal specials to festive mulled cider and wine, and from a hog roast toChristmas mandarin Margaritas, there will be plenty for everyone. The celebrations will also include some surprise entertainment.
You can just turn up and join in the merriment on the day of this free event, which takes place on Small Business Saturday, chiming with Wapping Wharf’s ethos of supporting independent businesses.
Here’s an idea of what you can expect:
- Woky Ko will be serving a limited-edition Christmas Bao.
- Cargo Cantina will be offering special Christmas mandarin Margaritas and chestnut tacos for the whole day (until they sell out!)
- Corks of Cargo will be offering free tasters of two different Madeiras plus traditional molasses cake. There will also be mulled wine to buy with Christmas case offers kicking off too.
- Warm up on BOX-E’s terrace with a hot gin toddy; pre-order cured salmon for Christmas; and beat your friends, family or the clock in a satsuma peeling contest.
- At Bertha’s Pizza, kids can eat free between 12 and 6pm when an accompanying adult purchases a pizza. While they wait they can also watch their pizza being made and cooked up close.
- Gopal’s Curry Shack will be offering a 10% discount on all purchases on the day. Be the first to get your hands on their sought-after range of Christmas chutneys and pickles.
- The Athenian will be selling seasonal specials such as Greek Melomakarona (Greek honey-based bite-sized desserts) and Kourabiedes (shortbread covered in icing sugar).
- Brothers We Stand will be offering a 10% discount on all clothing throughout the day.
- The Mighty Quinns Flower Emporium will be launching the sale of gorgeous Somerset-grown Christmas trees. ðŸŽ„#grownnotflown
- The Bristol Cheesemonger will be offering a discounted cheese selection to take away as well as some complimentary festive nibbles.
- Bristol Cider Shop will be offering a free festive mulled cider with every purchase over £20.
- Root will offer a free glass of mulled wine with Stilton and Eccles Cake taster bites.
- Mabboo will be offering 10% off all products all day. First 50 customers will also receive a free mince pie!
- There will be a hog roast out the front of Pigsty with hog roast baps for sale. This will mark the launch of Pigsty’s Christmas menu and you can take advantage of 10% off their new Ho Ho Hog Christmas burger from 12pm – close.
- Loop Massage will be offering 10% off products only and will be serving mince pies.
- Salt and Malt will be offering free hot cider to all customers and extending its kids-eat-free offering to all day.
- Portside Gallery will be offering 10% discount on all Jane Reeves fused glass throughout the day.
- Oliver’s Ice Cream will be launching its exclusive range of Christmas chocolates (both their own and amazing handpicked varieties from abroad and home) and offering free tasting of our Christmas Ice Cream.
- Come and celebrate Wintertime at Wild Beer. Bring the family as children will eat free when accompanied by an eating adult from 12 – 6pm and sample some of their exciting and delicious beer.
- Spuntino Cargo will be offering a set lunch menu for the day, including a special Christmas drink, a burger and a side.
- Try The Pickled Brisket’s winter menu including the NEW Pastrami & Turkey Reuben and their Cargo Grilled Cheese. Plus they’ll have a full range of Gingerbeard’s preserves to fill those stockings.
Wapping Wharf is a burgeoning new harbourside quarter in Bristol, brimming with independent shops, restaurants, cafes and other businesses including a massage studio, art gallery and yoga studio.
This Christmas is the first time the public will be able to celebrate the festive season with the full line-up of Wapping Wharf phase one businesses, as all the retailers along Gaol Ferry Steps, within CARGO 1 and CARGO 2 will be open.