Kids for a quid and feast of family fun
Livestock Festival 2016 promises to be a fun-filled family affair with children’s tickets from just £1 and a vibrant scene of childrens activities. As the festival season heats up to match the weather, Livestock Festival have announced new additions to its childrens line-up. Children’s activities will run alongside chart-topping acts including The Fratellis, Reef, Reverend & The Makers, Jason Donovan and Chesney Hawkes topping the bill. Kids comedy and dragon training are some of this year’s new activities, while Fizz Pop Science, Eco Animal Encounters and pony rides make a welcome return.
Ben Leeke, Livestock Festival Founder, said: “Some of our keenest visitors are our youngest and we’re excited to announce that there is more than ever to make their weekend unforgettable. Livestock is a festival for everyone and our exciting range of childrens activities gives the weekend something to offer for the whole family – children great and small and big kids too. We also cannot wait to see the children’s creativity as they embrace our newly introduced Fancy Dress Sunday. The team have been working tirelessly to bring a bigger and better festival this year, building on the reputation of last year, and we cannot wait to throw open the gates and welcome campers, glampers, festivalgoers and families to another exciting year for Livestock Festival in just a few days time.”
NEWLY INTRODUCED FOR LIVESTOCK 2016:
- Taking inspiration from the blockbuster sensation How to Train Your Dragon, Dragon Training Workshops will give youngsters an opportunity like no other to immerse themselves in a fantasy world of magic, myth and legend.
- Kids Comedy workshops invite budding Michael McIntyre’s to try their hand at all things comedy, from slapstick to stand up. Session will see children learn the tricks of the trade, followed by the chance to take to the stage and get the audience roaring with laughter.
- Storytelling will take children on an exploritory journey through some best loves classics from the bookshelf. Animated storytelling will bring to life characters like never before while taking their imagination to far and distant lands.
- Time Travelling Toby comes to Livestock Festival 2016 with his incredibly cool time machine. Children’s author Graham Jones will guide children on a time travelling journey back to to 1805 with engaging sessions on skills such as how to fire a flintlock musket, flag signalling and making your own Nelson hat.
MAKING A WELCOME RETURN:
- Budding zooologists can get up close and personal with creatures great and small as Eco Animal Encounters bring a meragerie of animals including tortoises, lizards, snakes and tarantulas.
- Roll up, roll up for Circus Skills workshops by 5 Valleys Circus. The team of talented skillsmen will bring the awe and wonder of the big top with sessions including balloon modelling, acrobatics and giant bubbles.
- The sky’s the limit as children tackle the 5.5m high Climbing Wall brought to Livestock by the Warehouse Climbing Centre.
- Fizz Pop Science will captivate children’s attention with an awe inspiring array of experiments, combining high energy and education.
- The Livestock site at the foot of the Malvern Hills offers a stunning setting for Pony Rides. Open to all ages and abilities, children can enjoy a walk, trot or canter in the festival’s beautiful countryside.
- Hilarity and nostalgia await kids and adults as they pull up a perch and enjoy a traditional Punch and Judy puppet show from childrens entertainer Professor Collywobbles.
- Rugby Tykes will host rugby skills sessions for youngsters aged 2 and upwards. Kids will learn key playing tactics such as scoring a try and catching and running with a ball.
- Tractor and Trailer Rides bring the fun of the farm with tours of the festival site.
- In quieter moments, Kids Club Cinema will show children’s movies in the open air.
Livestock Festival takes place at Manor Farm, Longdon nr Tewkesbury, just 10 minutes from Junction 9 of the M5, from Friday 29 – Sunday 31 July 2016. Tickets are on sale now. Adult tickets are priced from £35 and children’s tickets from just £1. Family, camping, glamping and VIP tickets are also available. For the latest updates and to book tickets, visit www.livestocklongdon.co.uk.