One of the best Bristol festivals is back with a range of maritime events
Bristol Harbour Festival, one of the country’s largest free festivals, is back with a special programme celebrating the city’s incredible maritime heritage over three days from Friday 21st – Sunday 23rd July.
Now in its 46th year, Bristol Harbour Festival is firmly established as one of the South West’s most exciting cultural events. Set along four miles of the city centre, this year’s programme will put Bristol’s iconic Harbour and Docks at the heart of the festival.
The Harbour and Docks programme highlights will include:
• Three impressive tall ships sailing into the Harbour, returning home to their registered port of Bristol - the Kaskelot, The Earl of Pembroke and the Phoenix.
• The Royal Navy’s Hunt Class Ship will return alongside two Archer Class P2000s, The Royal Navy’s fast training boats.
• The three-day Western Boat Show will cover both inland and offshore markets with a large selection of boats on display ranging from yachts, power boats, canal boats to ribs.
• A bustling programme of free, family friendly activities.
• Over 250 vessels of all shapes and sizes will be tied up at every available mooring space including familiar sights such as the Matthew, ss Great Britain and the city’s colourful ferries.
Alongside the docks programme, four miles of Harbourside stretching from the Underfall Yard on Cumberland Road into the City Centre and up to Castle Park will be transformed by a diverse range of stalls, activities and performances showcasing the city’s talent and skills.
Bristol Harbour Festival is the city’s flagship family and cultural event showcasing Bristol’s talent and heritage to promote the city as an attractive place to live or visit, boost the local economy and showcase its accessibility to diverse communities. Having launched in 1971 it remains a free event to this day. The full programme of events and location will be announced in the coming months.
The Festival is managed and produced on behalf of Bristol City Council by award winning Bristol based Richmond Event Management (REM).
For interested organisations a few trade and sponsorship opportunities are still available for this year’s event.
For more information on corporate hospitality opportunities on the tall ships, trade and exhibition space or sponsorship opportunities please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information see www.bristolharbourfestival.co.uk, @Bristolharbfest and https://www.facebook.com/bristolharbourfestival