The rental cost, location, ease of parking and having a garden remain the top influencers on whether to rent a property
Updated data* from landlord insurance specialists Cover4LetProperty reveals that for 88% of renters, the cost is the most important deciding factor when choosing a rental property.
The tenth in the series of surveys (carried out bi-annually from March 2013 to date) revisited the factors that influence whether someone will rent a property, and found the following:
- 88% of respondents say cost is the determining factor when choosing a rental property (up 2% from 6 months ago);
- 79% also said that the location (a decrease of 9% over the last 6 months);
- ease of parking is the third deciding factor, with nearly half of all renters (47%) saying it is a key influencer;
- having a garden is important to 41% of renters;
Overall cost, location, ease of parking and having a garden remain the top influencers on whether to rent a property.
Other important considerations highlighted are:
- 32% rate getting on with the landlord more important than the décor (29%);
- 28% said that it is important whether a landlord would allow pets at the property;
- 4% also said that having the freedom to decorate is a key influencer.
*Research carried out by Usurv on behalf of Cover4LetProperty 26.09.17